Anecdotally, spicy foods are said to be a safe, natural way to encourage labor to begin. Unfortunately, like most of these natural methods, it doesn't "work" unless baby is really ready to make an appearance.
Nevertheless, we hit up Fire on the Mountain last night to try to encourage The Bean to make an appearance. Because, seriously, having his birthday on 8.8.08 was just too cool not to attempt.
I ate 9 hot wings! Spicy Peanut, Bourbon Chipotle and Extra Hot. I also ate a bunch of sweet potato fries.
Sadly, we had zilch in the way of action last night. Unless you count getting out of bed a ka-zillion times for potty-runs and Tums.
Anecdotally, the Tiramisu at Screen Door is also said to help encourage labor. I've also heard that they'll give you a really big piece if they know you're trying.
I really think we should try that. I'm pretty sure it's going to work.
No comments:
Post a Comment